Mars Late Model Tour approved DIRTcar UMP racing tires are: Hoosier LM20, LM30, & LM40.
The LM20 may be used on any corner of the car – right front, left front, left rear, right rear. A LM30 or LM40 may be used as a right rear option only.
DIRTcar UMP Rules, governing mechanical rules and chemical alteration of tires are in effect.
Tire inspection can be performed by Mars Late Model Tour Officials and/or DIRTcar UMP Officials at any time throughout the event day including but not limited to; on the grid, in the designated inspection area, post-race inspection or in an individual team’s pit stall.
Standard Race Day Format:
Qualifying (2 laps)
- A & B Group Qualifying – (if 28 cars+)
- Straight Up Qualifying – (if under 28 cars)
- (Overall Fast Qualifier to front stretch before opening ceremonies for interview and pictures)
Heat Races (10 laps) – Car count determines number of heats
- 3 Heat Races (10 laps) Top 5 transfer to A-Main (Top 5 to scale) (Under 28 cars)
- 4 Heat Races (10 laps) Top 4 transfer to A-Main (Top 4 to scale) (28-49 cars)
- 6 Heat Races (10 laps) Top 3 transfer to A-Main (Top 3 to scale) (50+ cars)
Redraw for A-Main
- Heat Race Runner-Ups Draw (4-6 or 5-8)
- Heat Race Winners Draw (1-3 or 1-4)
- (If more than 4 heats ONLY winners redraw)
B-Mains (12 laps) – Car count determines number of races
- 1 B-Main (12 laps) Top 5 transfer to A-Main (Top 5 to scales) (Under 28 cars)
- 2 B-Main (12 laps) Top 2 transfer to A-Main (Top 2 to scales) (Over 30 cars)
2 Provisional Starters each event
- 1 – Mars Series provisional – (based of highest Mars points driver not transferred into A-Main) (1st race of year based off previous season points)
- 1 – Track provisional – (track discretion)
Feature Event – Laps & Purse varies per event
- Top 3 finishers always to front stretch for interviews and pictures
- (Top 5 to scales)